[VoiceOps] VoIP Abuse Project

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Mon Sep 20 11:55:55 EDT 2010

Darren Schreiber wrote:
> Hi there,
> 	We're working on a more general "VoIP Toolbox" of sorts. I'd love to participate with your project as well - let me know if that's possible.
>
> Thanks,
> 	Darren Schreiber

I would like for as many engineers/admins to participate. It's becoming
cumbersome to deal with the ongoing attacks and for those who have NOT
taken the time to notice, things are escalating.

If anyone cares to send information please do so, the more logging
information the better it would be. Because a situation like this
(blacklisting) is built on a trust based relationship I ask the
following: 1) Sanitize your networks for obvious reasons. 2)
Gzip/zip/7zip your files when you send them. 3) Please make sure any
visible offender information is visible.

I will not repost any companies or individuals who submit any logs
unless someone requests for me to do so. This keeps someone from being
attacked in retaliation.  Right now I have to parse out about 40-50
different logfiles spread across a lot of networks. I'm doing so
gradually as time progresses through the day. I added a PGP key to the
page in the event someone wants to encrypt their messages as well.

My ultimate goal is simple: Reduce the potential attackers, make network
operators clean up their house if not, stay on a blacklist. When their
clients complain and it starts affecting their pockets, maybe then will
they get a clue.

--

J. Oquendo

"It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to
ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things
differently." - Warren Buffett

227C 5D35 7DCB 0893 95AA  4771 1DCE 1FD1 5CCD 6B5E
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5CCD6B5E