[VoiceOps] VoIP Abuse Project

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 12:06:03 EDT 2010

Hello,
I find a blacklist too heavy to manage and unable to catch the fast emerging
bruteforcers. As freelancer I suggest to my clients (all on Linux with
Asterisk) the install of the fail2ban software.

The working of fail2ban software is really simple: it reads the messages
generated by the application and if one user try to authenticate with wrong
credentials more than X times in the unit of time, then triggers an insert
into iptables to not get more packets from him for a long time (adjustable).

Leandro