[VoiceOps] efax port out

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Apr 26 01:17:40 EDT 2011

Are you sure?  The FCC was pretty firm in its 2007 clarification that ITSPs do not own numbers, but that logical end-customers own numbers (even if the ITSP spent money to acquire the numbers on an end-customer's behalf or has had that number in inventory for a long time), and that ITSPs must allow and assist with port-outs, even if there are outstanding balances due or other unresolved billing disputes.

I am guessing, however, that an inbound-only application provider like Efax is not considered an ITSP.  However, there is precedent for an end-customer forcing a hosted IVR company to allow a port-out (though I don't know to what extent regulatorily enshrined).

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC