[VoiceOps] efax port out

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Tue Apr 26 11:45:27 EDT 2011

Here's an additional complication I forgot to mention:  These services
all seem to include "you can't port" into their TOS.  At least Efax and
Answer Phoenix, the two I researched, do.  So not only is our position
with the FCC tenuous at best, the customer effectively signed a contract
acknowledging that they don't own the numbers.

Justin B Newman wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Eric Hiller<clec at cygnustel.com>  wrote:
>> So what should the next step be, go back to XO and say all of this to them
>> and see if they budge?
>>

> Good luck.  The last time I tried this, XO (and the provider) asserted:
>
> - Information Service
> - Person asserting end-user status not customer of record
>
> The FCC indicated that to pursue the complaint a fee would be required
> - and it wasn't worth it to anyone involved.
>
> -jbn

Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve
602-889-3003