[VoiceOps] RFO: Cisco ASR platform as an SBC

anorexicpoodle anorexicpoodle at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 16:34:50 EDT 2011

All,
I was wondering who out there has actually used Ciscos ASR platform as
an SBC and what are your opinions of it? I am well acquainted with the
offerings from Acme and Sonus but I have a specialized need that those
vendors may be pricing themselves out of in licensing, but it MUST be a
B2BUA which eliminates OpenSIPS/Kamailio as a potential solution. I'm
also looking for a solution that can be scaled out to between 16k/32k
sessions/node with high availability and media handling, but with
minimal signaling mangling and transformations.

Please feel free to share your experiences good, bad or otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

-Ryan