[VoiceOps] T.38 termination provider?

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Tue Dec 13 01:00:53 EST 2011

Fully-agreed; unfortunately, some customers demand fax support still. *sigh*

Interesting that you bring up L3, though...surely things have changed in the past few years, but I used to have a Packet8 account at home, and once upon a time they were *exclusively* L3 (at least for origination/DIDs).  When they rolled out their T.38-based fax service (second-line for $9.99 dedicated to faxing), they told me that it wasn't supported in all markets/rate-centers yet because L3 didn't do T.38 and they had to find another provider who did (I want to say it was Global Crossing), and that provider didn't have half the # of rate centers that L3 had.

Anyway, I think Level3 is probably out of our league at the current point in time.  Thanks, though.

-- Nathan