[VoiceOps] Auto/predictive VoIP dialer recommendation for a small company

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Feb 21 03:37:44 EST 2011

On 02/19/2011 03:45 PM, Ujjval Karihaloo wrote:

> Is there any dialers that is good at adhering to RFC 3261 on
> slowing calls down when INVITEs get no response. So wait for T1,
> then 2*T1 and so on until 64*T1 secs. T1 default being 500 ms..
>
> Most dialers just keep on going at repetitive INVITEs per sec if
> they don’t get a Trying back..and any SBC will throttle them..

A dialer is just an application.

The criticism here is rooted in lower-level protocol mechanics and
should be directed the signaling stack, since that is the component
that is misbehaving.

I suppose a more refined version of the question would be: "Are there
any dialers not linked to a crap call agent?"

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC