[VoiceOps] IAM Signals

Eric Hiller clec at cygnustel.com
Mon Feb 28 16:59:20 EST 2011

I am trying to figure out where the excess of IAM messages is coming from.
We get billed for every signal and my bills recently have been saying:

SIGNAL SWITCHING...IAM...TERMINATING SIGNALS = 345
SIGNAL FORMULATION...IAM...TERMINATING SIGNALS = 254,181
SIGNAL TNDM SWITCHING...IAM...TERMINATING SIGNALS = 254,181

Is this the count of IAM messages that I am sending to the tandem then?
IE. I would have to make 254,181 calls outbound to generate these? Or are
these IAM messages inbound and outbound? Is the ratio 1:1 as far as IAM to
Calls?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just unsure on the IAM details.

Thanks!
-Eric