[VoiceOps] "Ring Down" Phone

Dawson, Robert robert.dawson at mindshift.com
Fri Jan 7 14:42:40 EST 2011

Thanks to all, plenty of good options.

From: voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org [mailto:voiceops-bounces at voiceops.org] On Behalf Of Tim Bray
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 5:30 PM
To: voiceops at voiceops.org
Subject: Re: [VoiceOps] "Ring Down" Phone

On 05/01/11 21:32, Dawson, Robert wrote:
I am sure I have seen these before but I am not turning anything up . . . basically looking for an endpoint with no keypad that is programmed to dial a specified number when it goes off hook - just like a door box. Anyone know of anything offhand?

If you want a SIP phone, then easiest/cheapest is a linksys PAP2T with a normal phone. You just do a special bit of dial plan.

If it is ok being a speaker phone and screwed to the wall then many people use these door phones:
http://www.provu.co.uk/sip-doorphone.html

If you want a normal pots phone then we'd normally use interquartz phones.

http://www.interquartz.co.uk/telephones.aspx?page=18

--

Tim Bray

tim at kooky.org<mailto:tim at kooky.org> |  http://www.kooky.org