[VoiceOps] Combination bug EdgeMarc/Polycom?

owen r owen at impulse.net
Fri Jan 7 19:58:53 EST 2011

Hello Voice-Ops,

I have a frustrating situation where a random 1% of PolyCom phones (Mix,
but all running 3.1.1) behind EdgeMarcs (VRRP 9.1.9) configuration are
losing registrations overnight after a failed boot server check-in. (FTP)

Phone will be URL call disabled until reboot or 12 hour+ wait. Inbound
calls still work, outbound calls fail. Registration from a packet level
is normal.

Scenario is complex, but repeatable at multiple client sites. (so not
firewall/lan) wireshark, tech support, release codes, ftp logs, and boot
logs are all unhelpful/empty, and the firmware code (s) we're running
can't be changed without proof, which at this point can only be
generated by a fun weekend spent rebooting a cluster of phones over and
over again, which for an annoying bug seems excessive.

Bit of a rim-rock. Anyone seen anything like this?

Cheers,

Owen R.
____
Senior Network Engineer