[VoiceOps] Cisco linksys spa 942 and tftp

Ujjval Karihaloo ujjval at simplesignal.com
Fri Jul 1 13:01:23 EDT 2011

Thx guys:

The behaviour on the Profile rules seems to be little unpredictable when
using Broadsoft Guide.

Here is what we have tried:

>From the Phone UI point it to tftp://a.b.c.d/spa952.xml

The above file has 2 rule entries like this?

<flat-profile>
<Resync_On_Reset>Yes</Resync_On_Reset>
<Resync_Periodic>10</Resync_Periodic>
<Transport_Protocol
group="Provisioning/Configuration_Profile">tftp</Transport_Protocol>
<Profile_Rule>tftp://1.1.1.1/942System.xml</Profile_Rule>
<Profile_Rule_B ua="na">tftp://1.1.1.1/$MA.xml</Profile_Rule_B>
</flat-profile>

When we hand craft the 2 files with cherry picked configurations, Phone
downloads first the system file and then the MAC.xml files..and comes up.

However we we use the Broadsoft suggested templates, it downloads only the
system file and not the mac.xml file and lines never register obviously

 I wanted help understanding what logic the phone uses to download each file
and where does it look for pointers from one file to the other.

Thx in advance...