[VoiceOps] Cisco linksys spa 942 and tftp

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Fri Jul 1 13:18:50 EDT 2011

Ujjval Karihaloo wrote:
> When we hand craft the 2 files with cherry picked configurations, Phone
> downloads first the system file and then the MAC.xml files..and comes up.
> However we we use the Broadsoft suggested templates, it downloads only
> the system file and not the mac.xml file and lines never register obviously
>   I wanted help understanding what logic the phone uses to download each
> file and where does it look for pointers from one file to the other.
> Thx in advance...

I have no Broadsoft experience and never tried TFTP with these phones,
so I can't give you a lot more than I have.  However I will note that we
use filename.cfg, not filename.xml, as do all the examples from Linksys.
  It may or may not matter, worth trying it the other way.

I would also suggest trying HTTP configuration.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve