[VoiceOps] Porting Cell Numbers

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Fri Jul 15 00:33:37 EDT 2011

So sorry....when you said Verizon I was thinking ILEC not Verizon Wireless.
You shouldn't need an agreement with a carrier to port a number from them.
As long as the potential customer's TN homes on the same ILEC tandems that
you are connected to, you can port their number to your network. You may
want to talk to the other carrier about setting up a provisioning interface
with them because you're supposed to issue an LSR to them to request the
number be ported, but you shouldn't need an agreement to submit an LSR to
them.

Mary Lou Carey
BackUP Telecom Consulting
CLEC Consultant