[VoiceOps] Letting a phone ring forever?

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Tue Jul 26 14:57:10 EDT 2011

Scott Berkman wrote:

> Not to mention there isn't a sane human in the world that will stay on the
> line for 5 minutes when the line is just ringing and ringing.  Way before
> that time they'll hang up and try your customer's competitor, who probably
> has an AA that answers immediately.

This of course is the most important thing; the human part.  When we had
it configured with a "please hold while we find someone to assist you,"
people would hang on for 2-3 minutes with a very low abandon rate.  The
customer refuses to tell us why he wanted it changed to just ring.

echo customername >> crazylist.txt

I've answered with the facts about industry standards, other carriers,
and that nobody has yet hung on for even 90 seconds, and closed the
support ticket.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve