[VoiceOps] Letting a phone ring forever?

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed Jul 27 13:45:39 EDT 2011

Jeremy Kister wrote:
> On 7/26/2011 2:09 PM, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
>> We have a customer who has asked us to let his main line ring "forever"
> [...]
>> Your opinions requested.
>
> Is he in control of the ringtone ?

No.  Our business model is that we vet all change requests and do them
ourselves.  The customer has no access to make changes.

> I'm wondering if he's trying to play a message to callers without having
> to pay for minutes.

It's none of the obvious things like toll fraud (avoidance?), since they
are all local numbers and over 99% of calls are from other local
numbers.  The customer is on a completely flat-rate hosted PBX service
with us, with no practical limits on number of channels or number of
minutes.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve