[VoiceOps] SIP calls that aren't torn down

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jun 7 17:21:05 EDT 2011

On 06/07/2011 05:09 PM, anorexicpoodle wrote:

> Our Sylantro platofrm used RFC 4028 for this, and we encountered
> numerous issues where the endpoints simply wouldn't behave
> appropriately

Oh, we know a thing or two about popular endpoints not behaving
appropriately.  :/

   https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-16801

I vastly prefer endpoints that don't support SSTs, as they remove any
such unpredictability and allow our properly SST-supporting,
4028-compliant B2BUA to do its work.

When endpoints advertise support for SSTs, the standard says our UA has
to accept that, and then, of course, the far-end breaks it.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC