[VoiceOps] Porting Number - CLEC

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Thu Jun 16 19:35:44 EDT 2011

Correct - I've had a few try to convince us that they themselves
required an ICA but they generally backed down from that.

You should really have a formal relationship with ILECs anyway, if
you'll be porting from them. You have OSS systems you'll want access to
for LSRs/CSRs and ticket opening, and you'll want to get accessable
letters for things that might affect your relationships or routing.

If you're going to do this multi-ILEC thing, make sure both ICAs include
something about traffic from other ILECs transiting their tandems.

-Paul