[VoiceOps] SIP Compatible Door Phone

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Mar 22 18:44:18 EDT 2011

On 3/22/11 3:38 PM, Tim Donahue wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We recently got a requirement from a client that needs a door phone
> that will work with the SIP PBX that we recently installed.  I came
> across the product below for a SIP door phone from Valcom, but I can't
> find any documentation on Valcom's site.
>
> http://superphonestore.com/product_info.php?products_id=7279&cPath=364
>
> Does anyone have good experiences with a door phone that works well
> with SIP PBX's, preferably with some decent documentation on the web
> and native SIP vs. using an FXS or FXO and connecting to an analog
> door phone.

We have had great results with conventional Viking POTS door phones
connected to an FXS port on an Adtran TA9xx or an ATA.  Only one pair
needed, no problems with long PoE ethernet loops to a pedestal at the
end of the driveway, etc.

Substantially less money than the SIP products especially if you have an
analog port available.  This may change as they are made in greater
quantities down the road.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net