[VoiceOps] Mobile vs. Landline Lookup

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Tue Nov 8 13:40:45 EST 2011

As far as getting the information you want, it really depends on whether you are trying to figure this out prior to someone making a call, while the call is being set up or after the call was delivered. You can do a dip if you are setting up the call, but if you want to get it before hand you would need to look it up in the NPAC database, which you would have if you chose to sign up for the NPAC LTI service.

If you have already received the call and are just trying to determine whether it came from a local or wireless carrier, then you can look at the JIP aka LRN that is associated with the TN. There can only be one LRN company per NPA-NXX so the routing for the LRN will always match what the routing is for the NPA-NXX-X that the LRN is created from. For example, if my LRN is 205-234-5000, I could look up 205-234-5 in the LERG or TelcoData or Local Calling Guide to find out the OCN and company name for that provider.

Mary Lou Carey

BackUP Telecom Consulting

CLEC Consultant

OFF: 615-791-9969