[VoiceOps] Mobile vs. Landline Lookup

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Tue Nov 8 12:44:22 EST 2011

The only way to know for sure is real time LNP dips. What was a landline
an hour ago could become a cell phone in a matter of seconds.

The LNP dips will still need a database to look up the returned LRN in,
which is where telcordia's databases (or mine, (shameless plug)
http://www.telcodata.us/) come in.

You can use telcordia's or mine to do some basic pre-scrubbing of
numbers for basic validity, exclude known wireless ranges (which COULD
be landlines, as you can port wireless numbers to wired as well! I don't
know your application but I thought I'd mention that) etc.

-Paul