[VoiceOps] How to get XO to remove a ported-out number?

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Mon Oct 10 20:13:09 EDT 2011

We have a customer who moved their toll-free numbers from XO to us over
a week ago.

When this customer was served by them, XO had a backup route in place so
that if the primary path failed, calls would complete to the executives'
cell phones for emergencies such as a PRI circuit cut, PBX failure, etc.

After the port, everything works except that whenever an XO customer
dials the toll-free number it rings the executive's cell phone.  It
seems that XO hasn't torn town their interior routing.  This is annoying
to our customer and their callers.  Trying to explain the nature of the
problem to XO first-level support and getting them to act on it is
becoming somewhat futile.  Having our customer ask their random callers
who are XO customers to open tickets is likewise somewhat awkward.

Might there be an XO person lurking here who can contact me off-list or
someone else who can offer a suggestion?

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net