[VoiceOps] Mitel 3300 - NAT - Media Issue

Robert Dawson RDawson at alliedtelecom.net
Tue Apr 3 09:41:08 EDT 2012

Working with someone on SIP trunks for a Mitel 3300. The Mitel is sitting behind a NAT on a Cisco 3700 (i.e. no fixup/ALG) and inbound media is failing because the phones private IPs are being targeted directly in the SDP. Even if I force all media back to the NAT address it still fails because there is no translation for the phones.

Anyone know if there is a way to force the Mitel to proxy the media or have any insight into getting around this shy of putting a proxy at the customer site(which is what we should probably do anyway)?

Thanks,
Rob