[VoiceOps] SIP Trunk service for 706-778

Matt Yaklin myaklin at g4.net
Mon Aug 20 23:10:07 EDT 2012

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, Alex Balashov wrote:

> On 08/20/2012 11:03 PM, Matt Yaklin wrote:
>
>> Isn't there anything crafty you can do like order 10
>> POTS to the location. Wait 30 days and port the numbers
>> to cell phones. ILEC no longer controls the numbers.
>>
>> Find a CLEC in the state who has a switch and port the
>> numbers to them. They provide the SIP trunk.
>>
>> Order a quality internet connection to the site in question
>> and bring up the SIP trunk with a CLEC. You have 10 numbers
>> to work with.
>
> Well, the issue is: port these numbers out to whom?  It would have to be
> someone who is interconnected with Windstream [in a way serviceable for that
> particular area, as per Windstream], and that's exactly what's missing here.

I figured someone in this list from telcodata could swing it.
There are cell phone companies and a couple of CLECs like ALEC LLC
(IBBS.com I think they are).

And Windstream cannot possibly block a port to a cell phone company.
I though the FCC solved that issue years ago. Right?

http://www.telcodata.us/search-area-code-exchange-by-ratecenter-state?ratecenter=CORNELIA&state=GA

But I am way up here in NH with a single area code for the whole
state. Things are simpler here.

matt