[VoiceOps] SIP Trunk service for 706-778

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Aug 20 23:29:05 EDT 2012

On 08/20/2012 11:26 PM, Matt Yaklin wrote:

> So there might be a small chance a cell phone company may go through
> all the trouble but not a CLEC which would find it unprofitable?

The number can probably be ported to a mainstream mobile carrier, but it
would be an awful lot of trouble to do so as an end-user, hard to do
without a contract, might involve multiple lines for multiple numbers, etc.

> Only a few handful of small independent ILECs left here which serve
> such a tiny amount of people we probably never ran into this problem
> yet. The whole yokel thing. But I would have to talk to my boss to
> get a clearer picture of what problems we would run into trying to
> get a SIP trunk into their territory.

Yep, this is one of those yokel edge cases, and Windstream are not even
the worst I've seen, by far.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal