[VoiceOps] CSR Request?

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Tue Dec 11 14:04:34 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM, David Wessell <david at ringfree.biz> wrote:

> However, when I call the losing carrier they always state that they don't
> give out CSR's. And that the winning carrier needs to request the CSR.
>
> One of the two parties is giving bad information , and I can't ever tell
> which one. Are there rules that govern the CSR requests? If there a way
> that we can ever do a CSR request without going through the consumer
> channels?

This whole process is a mess and everybody is wrong except a few of the
biggest carriers.  We are the same type of company as you and we've heard
the same things.  We have been asking a customer for a copy of their bill
to make it easy, but believe it or not, sometimes the important CSR info is
different from the bill.  We tried telling customers to request CSR from
their own carrier, and about half of them refuse.  We've tried sending LOAs
to the losing carrier and about half just ignore us.

Qwest/CenturyLink oddly has been the easiest to work with (didn't expect
that) and Cox the absolute worst of all the majors.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve