[VoiceOps] Experiences with VoIP and 100+ seat sites

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Wed Feb 1 12:12:05 EST 2012

On 2/1/12 8:25 AM, Darren Schreiber wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'd love to hear some stories (good or bad) of hosted PBX VoIP installs
> on 100+ seat sites (single site). Specifically if you've done this with
> Broadsoft or another solidified switch. I have mixed opinions on how
> this type of scenario can be successful and now I'm being pressed by a
> client on a formal opinion. I figure having it based on experience from
> others on a similar product is worth hearing about.

We have done several with Broadsoft.

> Specifically curious about how you addressed call quality issues and
> ensured bandwidth and uplink were sufficient.

It's pretty much the same formula as with smaller sites.  As a rule, an
office with lots of phones also has need for lots of data bandwidth.

Some times a larger site is easier.  Customers that have an office with
100+ employees understand the need for redundancy and high availability
more than those with smaller offices.  This allows us to provide two
diverse circuits for failover and run the VoIP over one and data over
the other.  Only in the event of a failure of either link does QoS come
into play.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net