[VoiceOps] question about campus installations

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Wed Jan 25 22:08:43 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 02:24:54PM -0500, Shripal Daphtary wrote:
> Hey all, i have a question that i could use some help on.
>
> I have a customer that wants to replace a PBX that is shared between
> administration and residences in a campus environment with a VoIP solution.
[...]
> I was thinking of bringing in several Adit600 chassis, with 5x8port FXS
> cards in each, which would give me 40 FXS ports/chassis.  meaning  6
> chassis.  i would likely use MGCP, b/c it works well with the Adit.
[...]
> I'm running an Broadsoft M6.

I used to run an M6 back when it was VocalData's VOISS.  We ran ADIT
600s in MGCP for several smaller installations. They worked great.

Also ran a Zhone MALC in MGCP.  A nice solution with the M6 for places
where you want dial-tone and ADSL2+.

I think I'd still run MGCP if I was installing either today -- then
again the M6 might support SIP better now.  (At one point, SIP requests
from unsupported software could cause the M6 to reboot...  That was
*NOT* a fun support call.)

You can pickup ADITs on the used market pretty cheaply now.  You might
grab one to test.  A couple of months ago, I could have shipped you
the one that sat in my garage for 3 years...