[VoiceOps] Selecting correct source on Net VX SBC

Nick Brown nick at inticon.net.au
Sun Jan 29 18:19:57 EST 2012

Morning All,

We are working with a Net VX SBC that has multiple customers downstream
and a single carrier upstream, to all intents and purposesthe downstream
customers have services directly with the upstream carrier. The upstream
carrier allocates a set of credentials which are ACL'ed to a specific
point-to-point subnet for each service. In our scenario we have a set of
credentials and corresponding interconnect for each downstream customer.
The carrier provides a single set of signaling and media addresses
across all services..

To the best of our knowledge, the SBC only supports a single routing
instance, hence when traffic destined for the upstream provider is sent
out, it can only follow one route. To get around this, and ensure that
traffic goes out over the correct point-to-point interface, we intended
to impliment a policy-based-route, assuming that the SBC would source
traffic from the IP of the SIP instance regardless of what interface the
traffic left the SBC on, this appears to be incorrect however and the
traffic is always sourced from the IP on the interface of the default
route. Interestingly at a SIP layer everything looks OK.

To further complicate matters the SBC is managed by a third party.

Has anyone done anything similar in the past, with Net equipment or
otherwise?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Cheers
Nick.