[VoiceOps] MOH server

Adam Baird abaird at telesphere.com
Tue Jun 5 13:18:53 EDT 2012

Thanks all,

The justification for a premises based device is to allow the customer to manage their own live source however they please without having to engage us.  An ATA in this case is a simple solution with a small footprint, low cost and simple administration.

For those who ask why we wouldn't just build it with Asterisk, I would say that it is primarily a matter of resource allocation.  It is often simpler to perform an interop on an existing device and deploy it than it would be to build a new service, even if it is 'just Asterisk' (specially given that we are not an Asterisk shop).