[VoiceOps] Code opening miseries

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue May 1 03:17:21 EDT 2012

I am not sure how often ILECs and mobile majors do local access LERG updates, and imagine it varies. My experience has been with the smaller CLEC side of this, where it tends to be even worse.

Most small CLECs seem to update their local code tables incidentally/whenever, not on any particular schedule, though I understand where they are coming from, too, given the cost of frequently-updated LERG subscriptions.  Also, a lot of them are not development-heavy organisations and have no practical means of bulk-loading updates without relying on their switch vendor's pricy professional services.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC