[VoiceOps] Broadsoft/AMS/Firmware woes

Tim Bray tim at kooky.org
Wed May 9 09:03:37 EDT 2012

On 27/04/12 16:32, Robert Dawson wrote:
> For everyone running AMS – what do you deal with all the Cisco firmware
> peculiarities, reboot loops from incompatible firmwares, trying to
> onboard phones that have old firmwares that need an interim upgrade,
> etc. This is a highly manual process for us right now and a huge pain.

Not for Cisco.

But for Snom we have a script which when given a target version, spits
out the URL to the next version needed.  We read the User Agent header
to work out where the phone is now.

It does all the intermediate steps and works with any kind of snom phone.

So you can take a version 4 phone all the way through to version 8, via
every step on the way.  And do the bootloaders too.

It also knows to only upgrade some phones at night, also has counted
limits on how many phones to upgrade per day.

It is just a script I wrote, but has 5 or 6 years of experience into it.

Tim