[VoiceOps] Local ringback on SIP 180 from Broadsoft media server vs phone generated RBT

John Botha johnbotha at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:40:48 EST 2012

We are debating on having our Broadsoft media server generating RBT on a SIP
180 vs having the phone generate it locally, which is currently the case.

We have found sporadic ringback issues when the phones generate local RBT
when it plays one ring and then goes silent or no RBT at all. This only
happens once out of approximately 10 calls though, and signalling looks
normal (ie no 180 followed by 183 or duplicate messaging).

The end-user hardware devices are mostly Polycom.

Does anyone have some experience, advice and information this?