[VoiceOps] Need help with an 800 number that's been stolen from under us

Mary Lou Carey marylou at backuptelecom.com
Mon Nov 12 16:46:17 EST 2012

That sounds much like  "slamming" to me (aka changing a consumer's telephone
company without permission). If your provider is out of business, you should
be able to port the number to a new provider without a problem. I would
contact the provider of your choice and tell them you want to port the
number over to them. If they run into any problems doing that, then call the
FCC and file a complaint. Below is the link on slamming and when you open
that page there is a link for complaints in the related topics section on
the right.

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/slamming

Good luck with getting it fixed,

Mary Lou Carey