[VoiceOps] 311 on Level 3

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Mon Oct 22 15:44:34 EDT 2012

With Level 3, you may want to check if rather you are using ELS vs LI makes
any difference.  Otherwise re-mapping to local TNs on your system is a
common solution.

Each local 311 (or other [2-8]11) service should post their direct dial
number on their website, but here is what looks to be a good reference for
311:

http://www.911dispatch.com/info/311map.html

Also, they have a link to a Harvard site with similar data:

http://www.hks.harvard.edu/netgov/html/311_N11_map_us_canada_government_call
_center_cirm.htm

I think the main problem with having an "official" central repository of
this data is that if/how any of these codes are used in a given state is
governed by the local Regulatory commissions, usually at the state or city
level:
http://www.nanpa.com/number_resource_info/n11_codes.html
http://www.naruc.org/Commissions/?

Hope that helps,