[VoiceOps] Sandy Watch

Darren Schreiber darren at 2600hz.com
Wed Oct 31 22:56:40 EDT 2012

I also saw this interesting article on 911 emergency service availability.
It was an interesting read.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/01/technology/fcc-details-cellphone-problems
.html

And then of course there's this:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/31/tech/mobile/att-tmobile-networks-sandy/

As for outages...
We ourselves have been seeing fluctuations in network traffic to NAC for
very short durations of time (like a few seconds) but have still kept our
traffic away from the east coast for now, until we hear nobody is on
generators anymore.

And finally, huge kudos to these guys. Sometimes people forget there are
real humans who operate data centers, and they do amazing things to
protect our silly little computers in the event of emergency. Amazing
pictures.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/31/sandy-data-center_n_2051659.html

--
Darren Schreiber