[VoiceOps] Outbound fax portal options

Nelson Hicks nelsonh at socket.net
Thu Dec 5 15:52:00 EST 2013

Similar to the conference server question I posted yesterday, I'm also
looking at alternatives to our fax portal server. We have a web portal
that we wrote a couple years ago that our customers can use to send
faxes. The web portal converts and transfers images to an Asterisk
server (version 1.6.2 I think) and then generates call files to make
Asterisk send the faxes over T.38. We do not use this service to receive
faxes; we just use Broadworks Fax Messaging service for that.

We haven't been happy with the function of the portal or the success
rate of the outgoing faxes, so I'm looking to replace it with something
better integrated and more reliable. So far, I'm looking at faxback
carrier edition (I assume we'll have to front it with our web portal to
send emails to it or use an API). Does anyone use something else for
this that they've been happy with?

Thanks again for the answers yesterday.

--
Nelson Hicks