[VoiceOps] VoIP number can't be verified for Google ad campaigns

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Mon Feb 11 21:39:13 EST 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM, James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com> wrote:

> AIUI, they try to call the number and, upon answer, tts a verification
> code which one then submits back via a web form.

That's done on some Google products, but not all.  Many actually want to
verify that you own a real business number.  They also won't accept a
prepaid cell for these services.

> They may refuse to dial a number if the rate they'd have to pay is too
> high.  I've seen that with gvoice vs rural non-Bell ILECs.

This is a major metro in LATA 666, one of the cheapest rate centers.

I've had a few discussions off-list with people from the list.  I
especially want to acknowledge the two people from 360 and Zayo who helped
a lot.  We all tend to think that the next step I should try is setting
CNAM and directory listing for a number and have the customer try again
once that's in place.

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve