[VoiceOps] VoIP number can't be verified for Google ad campaigns

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon Feb 11 19:34:30 EST 2013

CA> Today a customer called and said that when he tried to create a
CA> Google ad campaign with one of his DIDs, it said the number couldn't
CA> be verified.

AIUI, they try to call the number and, upon answer, tts a verification
code which one then submits back via a web form.

Ie, they same thing they do when one adds a target number to one's
gvoice account.

They may refuse to dial a number if the rate they'd have to pay is too
high.  I've seen that with gvoice vs rural non-Bell ILECs.

-JimC