[VoiceOps] 911 address policy for company phones at home

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Fri Jan 18 10:51:00 EST 2013

We have a customer who wants us to block 911 on the phones that they give
to key employees to take home.  They don't want to pay fees for 911 service
at each home (which is stupid, since it's so cheap, but that's a
digression).  I told them this is "illegal" but they asked to see the law,
and I can't actually find something that says so.  Yet that's the common
knowledge around the industry.  I do have the FCC documents that require an
ITSP to provide the service, but the customer contends it doesn't apply to
this specific case.

So two questions...

Does anyone here allow their customers to do this?

What is the best document to give the customer to support our position?

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve