[VoiceOps] 911 address policy for company phones at home

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Fri Jan 18 18:25:14 EST 2013

On Friday, January 18, 2013 3:06 PM, Jay Hennigan <> wrote:

> And, in the real world, if MARKETING GUY's house isn't in a San
> Francisco suburb but in Kansas, what will the PSAP there do when you
> present it with an ANI of 415.886.7923?

That shouldn't be a problem; PSAPs deal with calls sourced from "non-local" numbers all the time (cell phones).  Our E911 provider (Bandwidth.com/iNetwork/"dash", resold through 911ETC) does not balk at us provisioning an address on a phone number that is obviously not local to the area.  And their system decides which PSAP to route to based on the address, not the originating number.

--
Nathan Anderson
First Step Internet, LLC
nathana at fsr.com