[VoiceOps] O1 Communications

Jared Geiger jared at compuwizz.net
Wed Jan 23 23:02:33 EST 2013

We use O1 for full US termination. They use resellers for anywhere they are
not OnNet obviously and just proxy the media. So the SIP signaling can be
misleading. I thought they were using Sonus equipment for a while, but then
realized I saw Nortel like and Freeswitch signaling information in the SIP
signalling. So they are only rewriting the media IP and not cleaning up the
rest of the signaling.

Their support is top notch. I have had no problems with contacting their
NOC and getting someone who can trace down a call right then and there.

Call quality suffered a little bit when HE was being oversold further up
the line and it seems that they use a lot of HE bandwidth. We rerouted the
packets to avoid HE, and the problems cleared right up.

Please note that we have used them for termination only and not for
origination.

Regards,
Jared Geiger