[VoiceOps] VoIP traffic survey

Justin B Newman justin at ejtown.org
Mon Mar 4 09:44:22 EST 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Frank Bulk <frnkblk at iname.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately that is not the case.  Just google for PVU and PIU.

I would disagree with this assessment. PVU and PIU do not relate to
the way in which we interconnect. In fact, the Court has weighed in
years ago re: "IP in the middle" for AT&T. The fact that IP is used
somewhere in the middle of the call changes nothing. What PIU/PVU are
designed to address is (in theory) end-points. While we can argue all
day long over the relevance of end-point technology, the regulators
appear to have opened that door. They have not, IMO, opened the door
to "IP in the middle" making a difference.

-jbn