[VoiceOps] Network Security Audit

Ryan Delgrosso ryandelgrosso at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 15:36:02 EST 2013

Dan,
I think you are functionally looking for two different companies.

I have used Accuvant to do general network security audits as well as
focused vulnerability assessments in the past and have been very happy
with them. Their level of understanding about the internet threat space
is very comprehensive and their work is thorough, but companies versed
in doing vulnerability assessments against the normal sorts of threats
will not be accustomed to the types of threats an ITSP faces.

On the voip side the market is much more slim since very few understand
the implications of carrier scale voip on a network, or the regulatory
requirements that come with this space etc. My personal recommendation
on the voip side would be for ECG, Mark Lindsey over there has a firm
grasp of many of the security problems facing a telecom provider these
days.

I've spent far too much time in recent months dealing with these sorts
of topics, so please feel free to ask if you have other questions.

-Ryan