[VoiceOps] Call quality issue / survey

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Mon Mar 11 19:34:19 EDT 2013

It's definitely a termination-only issue as people up there can call us on our DIDs and the call quality is crystal-clear.  So it's not an issue with the LEC itself.

It used to be crappy only to ACS of Fairbanks numbers and good to numbers with other CLECs in Fairbanks.  A capture revealed that the "good" calls were being sent to a different media gateway.  Recently, though, we've been seeing our termination aggregator send ALL calls to all LECs in that rate center through the same crappy carrier.

-- Nathan