[VoiceOps] Call Forwarding is broken; or, when CF meets LCR

Nathan Anderson nathana at fsr.com
Mon Mar 18 20:02:13 EDT 2013

On Monday, March 18, 2013 4:50 PM, Nathan Anderson <nathana at fsr.com> wrote:

> Right, and that's how everybody seems to be doing it.  But, again, the
> problem I'm pointing out is that using the calling party's number to
> determine this juristiction is horribly broken and wrong, IMO.

I'm responding to myself in order to clarify that I mean doing so is "horribly broken and wrong" specifically in the scenario we are talking about: PSTN call forwarding.  The way you describe is, of course, the correct way to do things in the case where the calling party is our customer, and they are making a direct call out themselves.

-- Nathan