[VoiceOps] (no subject)

Chris Boyd cboyd at gizmopartners.com
Wed Oct 2 17:42:39 EDT 2013

On Oct 2, 2013, at 3:55 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> Now that we've gotten the humor part of the day out of the way, I'm pretty
> sure that what you want to do is -- while not impossible -- something
> you can only ever expect to get 50-70% reliability out of, if that high.
>
> Proper names are only barely required to follow the usual pronunciation
> rules of any given language, and are prone to come from whatever language
> was native to the person's parents, which could be anything (there are
> somewhere over 4000 langauges on the planet, IIRC).

I've seen Nuance do some pretty amazing stuff in call center applications.

http://www.nuance.com/for-business/by-solution/customer-service-solutions/solutions-services/inbound-solutions/self-service-automation/recognizer/index.htm

But I doubt it's cheap, judging by the kind of cars my friend (who does the integration work) drives.

--Chris