[VoiceOps] Multi Tenant Commercial Softswitch Besides Broadsoft

Justin Hornosty justin at credil.org
Thu Aug 7 14:06:02 EDT 2014

info at mirtapbx.com writes:

> I read good review too on Freeswitch, but if I master asterisk, is there
> any reason I have to start learning a new product? Usually I move from
> product A to product B when I need the feature X and it is not available in
> product A while it is in product B. If you had the time to test both of
> them, which feature do you find useful on Freeswitch and not available on
> asterisk?

My understanding is that Freeswitch can have lots of pieces ripped out
or replaced due to its modular design. Asterisk it's either impossible or very
difficult to actually get rid of things like the dialplan.

>From what I have heard many of the advantages touted a few years back in regards to speed and
performance are mostly moot as asterisk caught up. It's somewhat hard to
get a honest opinion as the asterisk and freeswitch people have a lot of
tension.

Freeswitch is pretty interesting though - I really should spend some time
evaluating it more closely.

Just because you know asterisk well doesn't mean it's always the best
tool for the job.

-jjrh.