[VoiceOps] Need to stress test our SBCs

Victor Breen victor at impulse.net
Mon Aug 25 19:14:00 EDT 2014

I am looking for a way to generate some artificial load through our SBCs to simulate a daytime "busy hour" during late-night maintenance windows. I'm hoping to get audio quality measurements on both media legs, per test call, so I can validate that whatever changes were made during late hours will not manifest into issues for actual customer call traffic during peak times.

I've heard of expensive hardware that can potentially do this (call hammer?), but I'm not aware of any "cloud-based" solutions. Does anyone know of a good "load testing as a service" out there that works well?

What tools would you all recommend for this?

--
Victor Breen, VoIP Systems Administrator
Impulse Advanced Communications