[VoiceOps] CNAM on toll free?

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Fri Feb 14 14:07:31 EST 2014

On 2/14/14 10:55 AM, Graham Freeman wrote:
> Hi, folks,
>
> Can toll-free numbers have CNAM registrations?   We're hoping to have it
> say something other than "TOLL-FREE CALLER", but our vendor says that
> toll-free CNAMs can't change.

"TELESPAMMER" might be a good alternative.

Technically, toll-free numbers are INWATS and shouldn't appear in CLID
in the first place.  We have a few customers who insist on displaying a
toll-free number as CLID.  They typically have difficulty calling
several destinations, particularly international calls and other
toll-free numbers.  We actively discourage our customers from doing this.

My home asterisk system, for example, routes these to the wonderful
telemarketer-torture routine.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Telemarketer+Torture

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net