[VoiceOps] Fraud

John Curry John at InteleChoice.us
Wed Feb 19 17:09:19 EST 2014

I am new to your site. I was looking in the Archives and saw in November
2013 there were some of you who experienced fraud. We had a an Avaya IP
Office customers system who got hit pretty bad. The customer is treating the
fraudulent calls like credit card fraud and not taking any responsibility.
Does anyone have any advice on how to persuade the customer take this issue
seriously?  His bill was racked up pretty good.  Strangely and
coincidentally Avaya came out with a security bulletin the end of December
2013 on this same issue.  I tried to contact Avaya with no response. It
seems as though someone has built a sniffer for the Avaya IP Offices and
gleaning their registrations.